Installing Your Carpet
The installation of carpet requires specialized tools and knowledge, so it's best to trust the experts to make sure your floors look beautiful from day one. At DeHaan Tile & Floor Covering, our installation crew will work diligently to make sure your flooring is perfect.
Before Your Installation
Thank you for choosing DeHaan Tile & Floor Covering for your latest project. As your installation day approaches, please take a moment to think about what you can expect on installation day and ways you can help make your home ready for us to work in.
Health: If you or someone in your household is sick, please contact us and we will re-schedule installation. Likewise, if the installer scheduled for your installation is sick, we will contact you to re-schedule your installation.
Furniture: If you are unable to move your furniture, we can assist you. Cost for moving furniture should be discussed with your estimator and quoted along with the install of your materials.
Have all electronics moved before the installers arrive, items such as:
You may need to contact a moving company to move larger items such as;
- Pool Table
- Gun Safe
- Exercise Equipment
- Grandfather Clock
Before our crews arrive on your installation day, there are a few steps you should take to ensure home is ready for your new flooring, and your installation runs smoothly.
- Please have a work area as clear as possible.
- Set temperature to be above 65 degrees to allow for proper stretching.
- Make arrangements to remove your existing flooring.
- Make any necessary repairs to the subfloor, and prepare it for the installation, including removing any debris.
- Remove all furniture, décor, and empty all closets in the rooms where your flooring will be installed.
- You may want to remove valuables from walls as dust will be made when installing your new carpet, especially if existing carpet needs to be removed.
- Complete any projects such as painting baseboards or woodwork.
During Your Installation
Prepare to be home and/or available to answer any questions on your installation day. You'll also need to keep pets and children away from the rooms where your carpet will be installed. Our crews will work efficiently to ensure your carpet is pristine.
After Your Installation
After carpet installation, there are a few things you should do to ensure that your new carpet remains in good condition.
- You may need to open windows or run a fan to remove smells associated with the installation.
- Shedding is normal for several days following an installation. Frequent vacuuming will remove any loose fibers and will reduce shedding.
- You will need to stay off your carpet for a period of time to let it settle before walking on it or replacing your furniture.
- Let us know if you see any issues, such as loose seams or bumps.
Billing: We will mail you a final invoice after installation is complete, along with warranty and cleaning information. Please do not pay the installer on day of installation.